What does prime number mean?
The next year I will be 28.
This is true only one day in a year.
What day is my Birthday ?
My birthday is on December 31. I am telling this on January 1.
Day before yesterday (dec 30) = I am 25
Present day (January 1) = I am 26
this year december 31 = I will be 27.
Next year december 31 = I will be 28.
You have 3 litre bottle and 5 litre bottle. How can you measure 4 litres of water by using 3Lt and 5Lt bottles???
Solution 1 :
1. First fill 3Lt bottle completely and pour 3 litres into 5Lt bottle.
2. Again fill 3Lt bottle completely. now pour 2 litres into 5Lt bottle until it becomes full.
3. Now empty 5Lt bottle.
4. Pour remaining 1 litre in 3Lt bottle into 5Lt bottle.
5. Now again fill 3Lt bottle completely and pour 3 litres into 5Lt bottle.
6. Now you have 4 litres in 5Lt bottle. That’s it.
Solution 2 :
1. First fill 5Lt bottle completely and pour 3 litres into 3Lt bottle.
2. Empty 3Lt bottle.
3. Pour remaining 2 litres in 5Lt bottle into 3Lt bottle.
4. Again fill 5Lt bottle completely and pour 1 litre into 3 Lt bottle until it becomes full.
5. Now you have 4 litres in 5Lt bottle. That’s it.
Now, the effective amount paid by each person is Rs.9 and the amount given to beggar is Rs.2. So, total effective amount paid is 9*3 = 27 and the amount given to beggar is Rs.2, thus the total is Rs.29. Where has the other Rs.1 gone from the original Rs.30 ?????
The logic is payments should be equal to receipts. we cannot add amount paid by persons and amount given to beggar and compare it to Rs.30.
The total amount paid is Rs.27. So, from Rs.27, shop owner received Rs.25 and beggar received Rs. 2. Thus, payments are equal to receipts.
Answer : Just go to any one door and ask, “what the other door would tell if you asked which door is safe?” and go through another door. That’s it. So, the question is important and the door to which you are asking doesn’t matters.
Still confused.. Let me know it in comments…
Answer : 99 days
Each day, Total progress = 2 km – 1 km = 1 km
So, 98 days = 98 Kms.
On 99th day he can reach mountain top by travelling 2 km in day time.
So, answer is 99 days.